Here’s a truth: there are few treats more delightful than a cannabis-infused baked good.
And with Heavenly Sweet’s Cannabis-Infused Butter, cannabis baking is easier than ever.
We carry two types of Heavenly Sweet butter: a four ounce container containing 1000 m.g. of THC and a four ounce container containing 2000 m.g. (only available for medical users).
I picked up the 1000 m.g. container of butter from Sespe and headed to the grocery store for my baking supplies.
I’m a big fan of chocolate and cranberries (who isn’t?), and admit I based my recipe off one I found on the back of my cranberry package. Readers should feel free to substitute their favorite sweets for mine — tell us about your recipes in the comments!
Cannabis baking does require a bit of math. I decided I’d like my cookies to contain approximately 20 m.g. of THC per serving — meaning the 1000 m.g. of butter had to be separated into 50 cookies. Readers interested in a lower dose cookie should consider adding extra flour, oatmeal and/or egg to their batter. You can also substitute regular butter for a portion of the cannabis butter.
A few words of caution before you get baking
Dosage is key. A typical THC dose in one serving of a cannabis edible is 5-10 m.g. Leafly has a helpful cannabis dosing chart for edibles.
Before gobbling up a freshly baked cookie, (or let’s be honest — eating uncooked batter) make sure to try a small piece of cookie/ infused butter. Wait two hours to feel the full effect of your dose.
Also: these cookies look just like regular cookies — be sure to keep them safe from children. I generally place handmade edibles in a container labeled “Medicated.”
Chocolate Cranberry Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 50 cookies with approximately 20 m.g. of THC each, assuming a small variation in size of each cookie.
- 4 oz Heavenly Sweet Cannabis Infused Butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- (optional: add ½ cup granulated sugar for a sweeter cookie)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate
- Let butter soften for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth, then beat in eggs until combined. (If butter is still hard, use a fork to get the mixing started)
- Mix oats, flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar.
- Add cranberries and chocolate to the batter, stir well.
- Mold dough into small balls with a teaspoon — cookies should be the size of a ping pong ball — increase to golf ball size for a larger dose of THC.
- Bake approximately 18-22 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Note: Heavenly Sweet advises to bake their product at a temperature no higher than 300 degrees, to to avoid vaporization (and reduction of effect) of the THC.