Here’s a truth: there are few treats more delightful than a cannabis-infused baked good.
And with Heavenly Sweet’s Cannabis-Infused Butter, cannabis baking is easier than ever.
We carry two types of Heavenly Sweet butter: a four ounce container containing 1000 m.g. of THC and a four ounce container containing 2000 m.g. (only available for medical users).
I picked up the 1000 m.g. container of butter from Sespe and headed to the grocery store for my baking supplies.
I’m a big fan of chocolate and cranberries (who isn’t?), and admit I based my recipe off one I found on the back of my cranberry package. Readers should feel free to substitute their favorite sweets for mine — tell us about your recipes in the comments!
Cannabis baking does require a bit of math. I decided I’d like my cookies to contain approximately 20 m.g. of THC per serving — meaning the 1000 m.g. of butter had to be separated into 50 cookies. Readers interested in a lower dose cookie should consider adding extra flour, oatmeal and/or egg to their batter. You can also substitute regular butter for a portion of the cannabis butter.
A few words of caution before you get baking
Dosage is key. A typical THC dose in one serving of a cannabis edible is 5-10 m.g. Leafly has a helpful cannabis dosing chart for edibles.
Before gobbling up a freshly baked cookie, (or let’s be honest — eating uncooked batter) make sure to try a small piece of cookie/ infused butter. Wait two hours to feel the full effect of your dose.
Also: these cookies look just like regular cookies — be sure to keep them safe from children. I generally place handmade edibles in a container labeled “Medicated.”
Chocolate Cranberry Cannabis Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 50 cookies with approximately 20 m.g. of THC each, assuming a small variation in size of each cookie.
- 4 oz Heavenly Sweet Cannabis Infused Butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- (optional: add ½ cup granulated sugar for a sweeter cookie)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate
- Let butter soften for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth, then beat in eggs until combined. (If butter is still hard, use a fork to get the mixing started)
- Mix oats, flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar.
- Add cranberries and chocolate to the batter, stir well.
- Mold dough into small balls with a teaspoon — cookies should be the size of a ping pong ball — increase to golf ball size for a larger dose of THC.
- Bake approximately 18-22 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Note: Heavenly Sweet advises to bake their product at a temperature no higher than 300 degrees, to to avoid vaporization (and reduction of effect) of the THC.
4 comments on “Let’s Bake!”
Thanks for choosing Heavenly Sweet Cannabutter for all your cannabis baking adventures. We love to hear all the fantastic treats that can be made with our delicious cannabutter. Get creative!
**Pro tip-Be sure to keep the oven temperature low (300 degrees) and bake longer to avoid vaporization (and reduction of effect) of the THC.
Why does the recipe call for a higher temperature (325-350) than recommended by Heavenly Sweet (300)?
I’m updating the blog to reflect Heavenly Sweet’s advice — thanks to you both for chiming in!
This recipe is missing the baking time