Along with providing complimentary cannabis to medical patients through our Compassionate Care Program, we help build a more equitable and just society by donating frequently to organizations that work to decarcerate the volumes of people in prison for nonviolent cannabis offenses. According to the ACLU, people of color are nearly four times as likely to be arrested as white people.
- In partnership with Farmer and the Felon, Sespe raised $6400 in July 2020. 50% of these funds were donated to our friends at the Last Prisoner Project and the other 50% went directly to prisoner’s commissary accounts via the Pot Fairy.
- In partnership with Henry’s Originals and Mary’s Medicinals, Sespe has donated nearly $10,000 and counting to fund the commissary accounts of pot lifers through The Pot Fairy. Learn more about how you can help these forgotten prisoners of the failed drug war at potfairy.com.
- Sespe organized a silent auction in partnership with the Last Prisoner Project and raised over $4000 to help the paraplegic artist and pot lifer Michael Pelletier (https://www.michaelpelletierart.com/) purchase more art supplies and buy basic necessities like soap and toothpaste.
We’ve always known that success isn’t measured solely by our services, but also by our efforts to make our community a better place to live and thrive. Sespe Creek Collective’s home is beautiful Ojai. A big part of our giving back to this community is our support of worthwhile causes and organizations through donations and sponsorships.
These are some of the other local organizations that receive our support:
- Sespe is proud to be a sponsor of the Diversity Collective Ventura County‘s annual Pride Fest.
- Sespe heard that the Ojai Valley Family Shelter was asking the city of Ojai for $5000 to help fund a new mobile shower for homeless residents of the Ojai Valley, so we sent them the needed funds!
- Sespe is proud to be a Ventura River Sponsor of the Ojai Valley Land Conservancy.
If you have a worthy cause you would like us to support, please complete the form on our Sponsorship Page.